We are Pastificio Laporta, the company which ancient artisanal tradition was born with the first Laporta. We have begun laboriously with the fresh pasta in the province and the region to came a production of dry pasta in 1979, the date when was born “Il Mastropastaio Laporta”.
Evaluating the market’s perspective and the concrete possibility to integrate successfully into a well-defined niche of market, it was decided to initiate a productive activity of type of manufacturing in the production of artisanal dried pasta.
These are the means and the methods to achieve it:
- Durum wheat semolina with the following and special characteristics:
- Granularity between 250/300 micron;
- Ashes, lower at 0,80 g%
- Gluten, lower at 11,02 g%;
- The color with amber tonalities that recall the warm Mediterranean sun;
- Using of bronze dies;
- Drying, slow and natural should not exceed 28°C of temperature and should protract for more than 22 hours.
All these properties joined together give life to our artisan paste, covered with a rough patina, giving the particularity to be able to absorb and withhold the sauce.
This causes that the paste of the production of the Pastificio Laporta unite perfectly all the sauces with which it is prepared, to be enjoyed then. Yes, enjoyed, because only the artisan paste has a own innate taste and as opposed to industrial products, which acquires taste only in the basic of the sauce with which is seasoned.